Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Feeling Inspired

I've probably mentioned a few thousands times just how much music inspires me. I swear sometimes  there's even a soundtrack for my life (especially when I have music playing 24/7). Music can change your mood on a dime - it can make you feel sexy, happy, sad, scared, excited and even violent (that last one is maybe just me when the radio only gets country). When I think of vacations, I make a playlist. When I'm preparing for a special photo shoot, I make a playlist. There's a handful of songs for every occasion. I often think another great career choice for me would've been a musical director for movies.

While finishing up a total re-write of my fourth novel Cheating Death, I stumbled across two gems that really got my writing gears going.

Seven Devils by Florence + the Machine

A huge shout out to my Twitter friend Katrina for officially introducing me to this one. I'm pretty sure I've heard it before, but when I mentioned that I was looking for spooky music, she suggested this one. It totally nailed the sexy/spooky/haunting feel I was aiming for and I often play it on repeat while writing.





Gratuitous Sex and Violins by Christopher Lennertz (Supernatural soundtrack)

Honestly, I wish I could get my hands on this one for my book trailer. It's beautifully haunting with just a tint of sadness. I guess part of my love for the Supernatural series I only recently got into has to do with the excellent music selections.





So thanks to these two songs and a few others, I see the end in sight for book #4. Hopefully by the end of February I'll have a song picked out for the book trailer that's just as haunting and beautiful as these two. Oh, and keep your eyes peeled for my new book cover, coming even sooner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!
I enjoy both Florence and the Machine and the show, Supernatural, and didn't know there was a soundtrack! ;-) I often use songs from movie soundtracks and ambient music when I write, which I find helps, and even creating playlists for certain projects :-)

Anita

Post a Comment