Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Supernatural: Super Awesome!

Confession: I only work out because I know two hot guys named Sam and Dean are waiting for me.
For those of you who don't watch Supernatural, those are the two brothers on the CW series who hunt paranormal myths and urban legends mostly across the Midwest. I don't watch the show just because they're hot (because if I admitted that it would make me a cougar and I'm not ready for that kind of commitment). I watch it because it's so awesome - like X-Files awesome. And yes, I know I'm really late to the party considering the series is in its 8th season.

I've known about this show for a long time and I usually watch a lot of the shows on CW. For some reason, however, I didn't try watching an episode until a later season and just couldn't get into it. I have a bad habit of giving up on shows if I don't watch them from the very beginning.

Enter Netflix.

For Christmas we bought a large flatscreen with internet for our theatre room, so I decided to give Netflix another try. There are probably a dozen series waiting in my queue, but I really wanted to give Supernatural a chance. From the first episode I was hooked. The brothers have a relationship that's amusing to watch, the paranormal stories are so right up my alley and there's just enough of the scare factor to keep me satisfied and not overly freaked out.

So every morning when I have a hard time crawling out of bed and getting on the elliptical machine, I think of Dean's beautiful eyes the creepy stories that are just waiting to be told and just like that, I'm up. If only the Winchester brothers could motivate me to do everything hard in life...maybe I could reward myself for cooking and cleaning each time with an episode.

5 comments:

SK Anthony said...

You know... I don't know why I've never watched it... I think maybe it's because I need to watch a series from the beginning and I missed the first season, I dunno... I do have Netflix, hmmmm.
I just finished watching all of the Walkin Dead and I swore I would focus on writing so I guess those hotties will have to wait. I do love all Supernatural stuff, so we shall see.

VikLit said...

The Winchesters as motivation - I like it! :) I might try that!

Unknown said...

Woo hoo!! I'm so glad you jumped on the Supernatural bandwagon! It is my favorite show. Like, ever. :)

Anonymous said...

I only catch this show from time to time - it's on at crazy hours of the night over here, but when I do, I always enjoy it. Dean is Hot!

Inklings Booklings said...

LOL @ the confession! I love Sam and Dean, too! And Supernatural, of course. It wouldn't be as fun without those two hotties!

Inx from Inklings of two Booklings

Post a Comment