Friday, February 8, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things

Happy Friday, everyone! As part of the blog hop created by my fabulous blogging partner Vikki of VikLit, I am faithfully posting the things that I have to celebrate this week. This is such an awesome way to reflect on the little things in your life, especially when some weeks are more difficult than others and you need your spirit lifted. If you have a blog, I highly recommend that you sign up for this hop - just click on the link above and add your name to the list!

I've been working like a dog getting my fourth book 'Cheating Death' all polished up for my editor and I'm happy to say it will be ready to go before we leave on vacation next week, just as I planned. I say I'm happy because I'm not going to lie, the book is giving me serious nightmares. It's not that scary, but just talking about ghosts so often has messed with my mind. I released the cover this week and got overall great feedback. It's time to start getting the trailer together, which is one of my favorite steps in the process of publishing. It's like I'm the creator of my own little movie and I love having complete control!

On a little more personal accomplishment, we got our whole family of eleven together this weekend for an overnight visit, which doesn't happen very often. I can never spend enough time with the step-grandbabies or our children! And we even got to stop at Ikea to buy my daughter a new desk that the two of us put together ourselves (with a little bit of help from my husband).

Another huge accomplishment - I'm off to get my hair colored this morning. If you had any idea how much hair I have or how long it takes to color something that resembles a small animal (3+ hours) you'd understand why this is so big. Replace the word "secrets" with "crazy" in the gif below, and it would be dead on.
While these accomplishments weren't anything earth-shattering, they were mine. And the whole point of this blog is to celebrate the small things. What did you accomplish this week?

10 comments:

Al Diaz said...

Family gatherings are always fun and don't forget to take a book for the appointment! :) Have a great weekend!

Julia Thorley said...

Nice post. Bet your hair looks fab. Have a good holiday.

Unknown said...

I am glad you got your book stuff figured out before vacation - now you can just sit back and relax!! I saw the pic of your daughter's desk - she was so cute :) Congrats on your accomplishments this week and I hope you enjoy your vacation!!!

VikLit said...

Ah my hair takes ages to do too so I sympathise and def. is worth a celebrations! Getting all your family together is definitely worth a celebration.

SK Anthony said...

Yay for the family gathering! I'm supposed to have one by me tomorrow but we are expecting a ton of snow in NY so that might not happen :-/ Anyway, you had a good week, nightmares included lol imagine what it will do to us ;)
Post a pic of your hair so I can be jealous!

Chancelet said...

Wonderful celebrations! That is a big thing to complete your editing task on time. Now you can really enjoy your vacation. :)

Michelle Wallace said...

Family get together... definitely reason to celebrate!
Well done on all the hard work you've put into your book... I'm sure it will pay off!
Enjoy the vacation!

Anonymous said...

How'd your hair turn out? Even though it takes a long time, I'll bet it was fun getting it done. Family is also a wonderful thing to celebrate! Sounds like you've had a wonderful week! Happy Saturday to you:)

Unknown said...

Thank you for all the kind thoughts and well wishes! I posted a picture of my hair on Twitter.

Julie Flanders said...

Hi Jen! I'm just catching up on Friday's hop and I'm so glad to discover your blog! I had my hair colored yesterday too and I have such a thick mop of hair that your gif totally cracked me up. Congrats on getting Cheating Death ready to go, that's awesome. Nice to meet you!

Post a Comment