Saturday, April 27, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things

I just had a total Pretty in Pink moment. Remember when Iona tells Andie about her friend who missed the prom?

"I have this girlfriend who didn't go to hers, and every once in a while, she gets this really terrible feeling—you know, like something is missing. She checks her purse, and then she checks her keys. She counts her kids, she goes crazy, and then she realizes that nothing is missing. She decided it was side effects from skipping the prom."
I knew I was forgetting something and realized it must be side effects from skipping Celebrate the Small Things blog hop! Since I'm already a day late, I'm going to keep it short and sweet. Things that had me jumping up and joy for this week:

1. I received the proof for the revised version of What I've Done with it's fabulous new cover!
2. I started writing a totally new story that flowed out of me like lava. Last time that happened was when I wrote The Day Zombies Ruined My Perfectly Boring Life so I'm expecting big things!

3. I finally got to "meet" three of my good writer friends that I've communicated non-stop with on Twitter for the last year.

4. The first reviews for my newest release Cheating Death came out and they were great! It's always nerve-racking to get feedback when you release a story into the wild.

AND FINALLY, in personal news:

My step-daughter gave birth yesterday to a healthy baby boy! It's the first grandson in the family, so everyone is over-the-moon excited. We're in the car heading up to see him as I type this!

Hope everyone is enjoying beautiful weather and having a great weekend!

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on the grandbaby!
I decided to take the month off from this meme because of the A to Z Challenge, and it has felt like something was missing.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Tell us more about your grand baby soon. Congrats on having such awesome stuff to celebrate and can't wait to hear about this new story of yours. Plus I'm jealous you got to meet your writer buddies, I so need a passport. And cash, a good load of cash.

VikLit said...

What a great quote to use! Love pretty in pink.

congrats on the grandbaby and to writing pouring out and meeting writing friends etc! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new baby, Jen.
I'm reading Cheating Death right now and enjoying it, just as I did What I've Done.

Post a Comment