Happy Friday! This blog hop set up by the fabulous Vikki over at VikLit has been a great way to remind myself how precious the little moments in life are and to reflect on what I should be thankful for rather than what I wish I had.
This has really been a humdinger of a week. We welcomed one member into the family and had to say goodbye to another. When we buried my spirited step sister-in-law who lost her battle with cancer well before her time (at the age of 48), I was reminded of how precious life is and just how many things there are to celebrate by just being alive. She was one of those who lived every second of her life to the fullest with bright smiles, kindness and laughter. I've always tried to stay positive about things, but she has inspired me to bump it up a notch. What the result of that will actually end up being, I have yet to find out, but I can feel that there are some things that will change over time.
In that spirit, there really were a lot of small things to celebrate this week, but I'm just going to list off the top 10 highlights:
1. My step-grandson was born and he's healthy and beautiful!
2. I broke through a major case of writer's block on my second zombie book!
3. I started running and lived (also got to buy first running shoes and running gear)!
4. After rescheduling my son's school concert three times because of weather, they finally had it and sang Phillip Phillips's song Home (one of my favs)!
5. My daughter had three track meets (thankfully before the snow hit) and did awesome!
6. With a six hour car ride we were able to spend time with all of our children on Saturday!
7. We celebrated my hubby's birthday!
8. I'm officially wearing one shirt size smaller than before!
9. My hubby won a decent amount of cash playing lotto and I won $100 playing pull-tabs!
10. I was reminded of how I'm surrounded by hordes of amazing people—family, friends and fans!
Of course there were the usual things to celebrate, like I don't have to report to a 9-5 job in an office somewhere, everyone in my family is pretty healthy, we have a nice home and food on the table, and I have the world's best friends. Although I don't plan to list them each Friday, I think from now on I will be noticing the really little things. Because in the end, it's all about the little things that make your life complete.