Monday, May 12, 2014

I'm an Award Winning Author!

Agh, where does time go? While I'm sorry I've been so neglectful of this blog, I promise you it's because I've been insanely busy with writing and other projects! Regardless, it was time to break the silence with some pretty big news. People who know me will probably agree I'm pretty modest for the most part, but this is one of those times in which I want to shout my news from the rooftop: I'm an award winning author!


Last week, the day after approving the gorgeous new cover for Mind Static, I received an email from the president of Indie BRAG informing me that the same book received a B.R.A.G. Medallion! Honestly, I wasn't sure what it was at first, either, until I went to their website and found this explanation:

BRAGMedallion.com is owned and operated by indieBRAG, LLC, a privately held organization that has brought together a large group of readers, both individuals and members of book clubs, located throughout the United States and in ten other countries around the globe. The word "indie" refers to self or independently published books, while B.R.A.G. is an acronym for Book Readers Appreciation Group.

All ebooks brought to the attention of indieBRAG, LLC are subjected to a rigorous selection process. This entails an initial screening to ensure that the author's work meets certain minimum standards of quality and content. If it passes this preliminary assessment, it is then read by members drawn from our global reader group. They judge the merits of the book based on a comprehensive list of criteria, including;

Plot
Writing Style
Characters
Copy editing
Dialogue

One final factor our readers use to judge a book is whether or not they would recommend it to their best friend.

On average, 50% of the books submitted to us fail to pass the initial screen and another 40% are subsequently rejected by our readers. Thus, only 10% of the books we consider are awarded our B.R.A.G. Medallion and are presented on our website. Conversely, we do not make public the titles of any books that were not selected to receive a Medallion, or the names of their authors.

Needless to say, I was touched and honored that my work fit this criteria and made it into the final 10%! I'm probably just as excited to reveal the gorgeous new cover for Mind Static, created by the amazing Najla Qambers (see teaser, left). In the past I've been proud to say I designed my own covers and took all the pictures of models used, however, the market is highly competitive, and I really don't have as much time or as many resources as I would like. Accordingly, I've hired this extremely talented designer to take over the duties. She's the genius behind the beautiful Paranormal Keepers cover. Bloggers, sign up for the reveal and keep an eye out for the upcoming blitz of through Xpressobooktours.

If you haven't yet heard the news, I'm writing contemporary new adult romance under the pen name Jennifer Ann, and will be releasing my debut novel Adam's List on June 13th! I'm really excited about this project as it was just as much fun to write as the paranormal genre. If you're a blogger interested in the reveal (the giveaway includes a Victoria's Secret gift card, New York necklace, and signed paperback copy of Adam's List), be sure to sign up HERE.  **Please note anything written under this pen name contains adult content, and therefore is intended for readers 18+ only.** Get all the latest on my new adult romance projects through my other website, Facebook, or Twitter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoop whoop! Congrats, Jen.
Can't wait to see the new cover for Mind Static.

Post a Comment