Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Writer Wednesday: Danielle Sibarium

Welcome to the second installment of Writer Wednesday, where I introduce you to a new indie author and ask them 10 questions to get to know more about them.

Today we meet with Danielle Sibarium, who just released her second young adult romance book, Heart Waves. As with almost all of my writer friends, I first met Danielle on Twitter a couple of months ago. I really enjoyed her first book, For Always, and look forward to reading more from this talented YA author!

Tell us about your new release, Heart Waves.

Heart Waves is the first book in Heart Waves trilogy. It centers around Jenna Kingsley who picks up information from energy left on jewelry or objects. The night she meets Reece Walton she predicts like Romeo and Juliet, you’re going to break my heart. As much as she tries to fight her attraction to Reece, she falls helplessly in love with him. Heart Waves is about first love, and all the feelings and insecurities that go along with it.

What was your favorite scene to write?

I had a lot of fun with any scene Reece was in, but my favorite scenes are by the pool in Jenna’s backyard and one at night on the boardwalk. These were the scenes that made me laugh while writing them.

Were any aspects of the story brought on either by personal experience or a certain inspiration?

I actually got the inspiration for Heart Waves a long time ago when I started writing For Always. I thought it was really Heart Waves I wanted to write, but as it turns out they were two very different stories.

What are some of your favorite books and/or authors?

Of course the Harry Potter and Twilight series’ are among the favorites, as well as Bram Stoker’s Dracula. As a young adult sneaking her mother’s books, I fell in love with John Saul. That probably explains the dark edge in my writing.

When did you first realize you wanted to become an author?

I’ve always loved books and words! Always. Sixth grade is when I knew I had to make sure writing was a part of my future.

What music do you listen to while writing?

It depends on the book. For Heart Waves, I listened to a lot of upbeat, fun music. The first part of Breaking Waves (the sequel to Heart Waves) I listened to very solemn, depressing music. VERY depressing music. The second half of Breaking Waves I stopped listening to music altogether while writing.

What's the most satisfying thing about writing?

For me there are two incredibly satisfying aspects of writing, the first holding a completed novel in my hands. Seeing the whole work as an actual book gives me a sense of pride unlike anything else I’ve ever done. The second is hearing from readers that the enjoyed my books or connected with a character or characters.

Hardest thing?

The hardest thing is waking up the characters and getting them to talk to you when they decide to take a break or go on vacation. That and actually finding time to write.

What's your current work in progress about?

Breaking Waves, which will be available later this month, is the sequel to Heart Waves. From the moment they met, Jenna knew Reece would break her heart, but she never dreamed it would happen like this. Jenna is left shattered and broken. When life becomes too painful to deal with and she feels completely alone, there’s only one person to help her pick up the pieces and move on - the one person she doesn’t want to turn to. The one person she promised to stay away from - Tyler.

Can Jenna put aside everything she knows about him and let Tyler help heal her broken heart?

If you could shake the hand of any person in the world, who would that be?

Since I already got to meet some impressive people; a presidential candidate (Rudy Giuliani) and a sports hero (Derek Jeter) I’d want to shake hands with a true hero - Captain Sully who landed the Miracle on the Hudson. He showed bravery and true leadership with his calm, clear thinking under strenuous circumstances and in doing so saved many lives. He is a true hero!

Ways to follow Daneille: Twitter, Goodreads, Facebook, her website

Where to find her books: Amazon, Barnes and Noble

Danielle Sibarium grew up as an only child of divorced parents in Brooklyn, New York. Books were the gateway between her play world and reality. On any given summer afternoon she became Snow White sweeping and cooking for the dwarves, or Cinderella waiting for the prince. Danielle graduated from Farleigh Dickinson University with honors, and currently lives in New Jersey with her husband and three children.

No comments:

Post a Comment