Friday, March 1, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things Blog Hop

Once again, I'm flabbergasted that it's Friday. How does time slip by so quickly? Is losing track of time a sign that you're going insane? Anyway, I'm here again as part of the awesome Vikki's blog hop (see info below on how to sign up). Another great week went by with many things to be thankful for. 

Career wise, I did sign up for my first writer's convention in Madison, Wisconsin this April and discovered I will meet a few Twitter friends while there. Yay! Although I'm a bit freaked about having to drive five hours by myself and then navigate through a big city (I'm a country girl after all), I think all the information, classes and networking will make the trip well worth it. I also revived a story on mind control that was nearly completed and made it into something I'm really excited about and can't wait to get out there. I know it's time to work on the sequels to Shymers and The Day Zombies Ruined My Perfectly Boring Life, but I feel a lot of pressure to complete them and writer's block has kicked in. I hope to tackle them this summer when at our lake home where my mind is bit more relaxed.
And finally, I created my first video blog. It was almost as painful as dental surgery. Almost. But I have heard so many people say that they love it when they get to "meet" their favorite authors and see them in person, so I thought I should give it a try. I was super nervous when doing it and seemed to roll my eyes an excessive amount of times. I promise to work on that with my next installment.

If you watched that video then you already know I started an intense diet this week. The weight loss won't be anything too dramatic, just a chance to lose those last extra pounds that exercising and watching what I eat don't seem to touch. But my favorite foods/drinks are Red Bull, ice cream, chocolate, alcohol and pizza/pasta, none of which I can consume for probably an entire month. This diet has taken more will power than I thought I was capable of. It's day four, and I haven't cheated. Not even once. But I nearly went postal last night when my son found the Snickers ice cream bar I hid from myself in the freezer and seconds later I found a Red Bull my husband put in the soda drawer. Really? I hope my family can work with me a little better in the weeks to come. And I hope after I adjust to these smaller portions of food, I will no longer feel like this all the time...



27 comments:

cleemckenzie said...

May the diet continue to work. And congratulations on all your small things.

SK Anthony said...

It was a succesful first vlog ;)

Boo for writer's block but yay for keeping up with the diet!

VikLit said...

Go you for not cheating and HURRAH to a writer convention, you'll have a FAB time I am sure.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good for you! Resist the urge to cheat.

Julie Flanders said...

Congratulations on your first vlog! I admire you for doing it, I am so nervous about talking on camera. You did a great job! And congrats on signing up for the conference too, exciting! :) Best of luck with the diet!

Suzanne Furness said...

Dropping in from the hop to say hi, great to meet you. Congrats on your first vlog and on the diet, hope the will power continues :)

Chancelet said...

Hopefully we'll both break through that blockage about writing the sequel. I've had a couple of writing plans that sounded so good, but just haven't lasted. Now, I'm working on a different project that won't take as long. Hopefully after that I'll be ready to work on the sequel again.

I feel for you and your family regarding this diet thing! I do love Snickers Ice cream bars - they are my favorite. :)

Anonymous said...

You resisted the Snickers ice-cream. Go, Jen. :)

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Best of luck with your diet and the Stefan pic's hilarious! Congrats on your career success and I have a fear of driving so you're better off than me with your trip.

Unknown said...

Thank you - so far so good! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you...I can't wait! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks. It hasn't been easy but I figure I'm only doing this once!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Julie! Hopefully I can relax a little more as I keep doing them. ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Suzanne! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, and good luck with your writing!

Unknown said...

LOL, thanks, Emma. It was hard. :/

Unknown said...

Thanks, I couldn't resist Stefan... ;)

Tammy Theriault said...

I think it'll be fun going to your first! Just be careful driving girl!!

Tammy Theriault said...

P.s. loving your "read" book list!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Tammy! Between my GPS and iPhone I should be able to find my way. Really excited about going. And yay, we should hook up on Goodreads. ;)

Unknown said...

Hello there, I just wanted to let you know that you've been nominated for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award, for more information click here. http://laurynapril.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

Trisha said...

I'd love to go to a writer's convention. Must do it someday!

Elise Fallson said...

Great to meet you Jen. I thought you did a great job on your vlog! I did a video once for a bloghop and it was super nerve-wracking! Good luck with your diet, sounds like the first few days are going to be difficult, but I'll get better, just you wait! (:

Unknown said...

Yay, thanks! :)

Unknown said...

I've had it on my "to do" list for a year now so I'm really pumped. :)

Unknown said...

Thank you, Elise! Great to meet you as well!

Post a Comment