Monday, March 4, 2013

The Battle Continues

So here we are on week two of my strict diet. I had my first weigh in and discover I lost 5 pounds and 6.5 inches! Yay! Although things are going pretty well...
There, I said it. Or rather my soul-sister Emma did. But still. After spending five hours helping my son with a science fair project, a beer would be nice. Or after a long day of running and finally getting to sit back at a restaurant, I have to say the margaritas around me were looking amazing. Is that so wrong? But as one of my Twitter friends recently pointed out, I only have three episodes of The Walking Dead to enjoy before I will be off this strict died and I can eat my ice cream again. Or some chocolate. Or anything deliciously sweet.
While I'm sharing with you, I have a confession to make. I cheated. With a chocolate chip. Or make that three. While cleaning up behind my son's mess the other day, I saw them on the counter. They were just sitting there all alone, so beautiful and innocent, calling to me. And I ate them. All three. And damn they tasted good.
Something tells me I'll put some pounds on quickly after I'm given the okay to indulge in some of my favorites. It's funny how my mouth waters just from walking past the candy isle at Walmart, or even from looking up recipes for broccoli online (yeah, that actually happened...I've officially gone to the dark side). And I know it's not going to get any easier. Maybe I should post a picture of Gwen Stefani on my mirror so I will be reminded that soon I will look just like her.
Yeah, okay, I'll never look like Gwen. But a girl can pretend. So BACK OFF! (Warning, this diet makes me a bit cranky!)

Here's to hoping I only have a few weeks left before all my dreams will come true and I can go back to eating things that put a smile on my face. Until then, I will continue to do exactly as I'm told. No alcohol, Red Bull, ice cream, pasta, bread, Mexican or any other food and drink that make me completely insane with a primal hunger just thinking about.
But maybe, just maybe, I will allow myself the tiniest of indulgences. Maybe next week I will break down and have four chocolate chips. Just don't tell my weight coach.

3 comments:

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Dream on Girl. I plan to lose ten pounds this year. Won't tell your weight couch a thing darling. *Thumbs up*

Carole said...

Jen, thank you for following Carole's Chatter. I have followed you right back. Cheers

Carrie Sullivan said...

*LOL* @ the innocent chocolate chips! Please give me some of your willpower... My recent beer overindulgence is really showing in the muffin-top area. I told myself I was going to try not to have any other alcoholic beverages for the month of March. *tear* I just loves my beer and wine :(

Post a Comment