Monday, December 30, 2013

Up Close With Emma Meade: BENEATH MANHATTAN SKIES

I've probably said it a thousand times in the past year, and I'll say it again: Emma Meade is awesome! Not only do the two of us have a wild amount of favorite movies and bands in common, but the Irish author renewed my love in vampires (the kind that bite, not sparkle) with her growing list of intriguing novellas, her latest release being my new favorite. Although this story follows up on the life of Erin Harris, a character from her earlier novella, Under the Desert Moon, I read Beneath Manhattan Skies first, and can tell you with confidence it could be considered a standalone. In celebration of her new release, Emma agreed to sit down to answer a few questions. Be sure to check out the stunning cover and synopsis below!

Beneath Manhattan Skies takes place in the city it's named after. Have you ever been to the United States? Do you have plans to visit anytime soon?

Yes, I spent some time in Delaware years ago with a lot of Irish people sharing a house. The days I strolled the boardwalk eating a hotdog and chilling on the beach still make me smile fondly. I've also been to New York and couldn't seem to take in the fact I was actually all the way across the Atlantic in the Big Apple. At the time I was only 21, so I'd like to go back now that I'm a tad more grown up :) and do some more exploration.

Have you put any thought into who you'd like to see play the Hollywood version of Erin, James and Tommy?

I loved Amber Tamblyn in Joan of Arcadia and pictured her as Erin at one stage. I think I answered this question last year for another blogger and I'm trying to remember who I picked for James and Nick. I'm not one hundred percent sure, but it could be Will Estes from Blue Bloods I chose for James. I'm drawing a blank for Nick. I just picture him as a really sweet, wholesome looking, handsome dude.

Will there be another book on the life of Erin Harris?

I'd like to do a short novella that wraps up Erin's story with James. I'm thinking I'd have to go five or six years into the future. If enough readers are curious, I'll get on it.

You're obviously a big fan of vampires. Are there other paranormal creatures you're into as well?

I write a lot about vampires, but if I had to be a supernatural creature, I'd choose to be a witch. A life filled with spells, potions, conjuring and magic would be right up my alley.

Have you ever written outside of the supernatural genre? Do you have any desire to?

I tried writing a contemporary romance years ago at college after a breakup. My sister printed out the few chapters I wrote and passed them around the office she worked in, and though the response was favourable, my heart wasn't in it. No witches or ghosts or a sexy vampire? Nope, I couldn't finish.

Favorite vampire movie?
The Lost Boys would be near the top.

Favorite vampire of all time?
Probably Spike.
November in New York is cold but full of possibility for college freshman Erin Harris. 
When her twin brother, Nick, shows up on her doorstep for a surprise visit, Erin is delighted. Unfortunately, Nick’s arrival coincides with the discovery of a body outside her apartment 
building, a body drained of blood. Right away, Nick assumes vampires are involved. He’s not exactly their biggest fan since Erin dated one in high school. 

Juggling nosy roommates, a first date with a gorgeous guy from college and a 
brother on a  Van Helsing kick is enough to keep any nineteen year old girl
busy – And then Erin’s old flame walks back into her life.


Is Erin destined to be caught up in supernatural shenanigans,
or will she choose a different path?

WHERE TO BUY BENEATH MANHATTAN SKIES:

WAYS TO FOLLOW EMMA:

No comments:

Post a Comment